Strawberry Charlotte (light recipe)
Ingredients (for 6 people):
- 500g of strawberries
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 250g of white cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 100g of sugar
- 2 sheets of gelatin
- the juice of 'a lemon
- 30 biscuits in a spoon
- 5cl kirsch or other liqueur
- whipped cream (optional)
Preparation of strawberries:
Book some beautiful whole strawberries for decoration. Steam, rinse, cut the strawberries and keep them cool by seasoning them with a bag of vanilla sugar.
Reduce half of the strawberries cut in a puree
Preparation of the cream:
- Soften the strawberries gelatin leaves in a bowl of cold water, then drain and melt them in the heated lemon juice.
- Beat the white cheese so that it is smooth and add the warm lemon juice containing the gelatin
- Whip the whites, add the sugar when they are sparkling to make a meringue. Gently stir in the cream cheese meringue and add the strawberry puree.
- If the rest of the strawberries have made juice with the vanilla sugar, you can use it to dip the biscuits .montage:
- Pour it kirsch in a deep plate and cut it with 5 cl of water or strawberry juice.
- You can replace the alcohol with the juice of an orange or a little strawberry or grenadine syrup diluted in water.
- Dip the biscuits with a spoon so that they are well soaked but they do not break and line the bottom and the sides of your charlotte mold, face curved against the mold.
- Cover the bottom with cut strawberries and fill the mold with the strawberry cream. If you have enough biscuits, it is possible to make an intermediate layer of biscuits dipped (counting that it will also be necessary to make the bottom of the charlotte). - Cover and let take the charlotte for at minus 12 hours in the refrigerator. Unmould when serving and decorate with strawberries.